Know the signs
Younger people are often most likely to mix drugs. The teenage brain is even more susceptible to the effects of drugs because it is still developing.
If you think that your child, or someone you care about, may be using drugs, you can look for these signs:
- Irritability or mood changes.
- Sudden lack of personal hygiene.
- Being tired all the time.
- Loss of interest in favourite activities – like sports, for example.
- Drop in school results.
- Discipline problems in school.
- Going through money quickly and in secret.
- Selling personal items.
- Decreased ability to remember things or focus.